People of all ages, occupations, and experiences struggle with public speaking. Although 77% of the US population feels some anxiety, some business professionals will play off their natural orator abilities and wing it then wonder why they are not getting the outcomes they wish they would from a speaking engagement. Winging your presentation isn’t a strategy.
We’ve all be there where the speaker talked without taking a pause, didn’t engage the audience, and got distracted by their electronics failing. Add in the complexities of the pandemic shifting communication from onsite to online, winging it is inefficient.
The reality is presenting takes know how. It might surprise you to learn that it’s also not about you. While it can seem like it’s all about the speaker, great speakers know it isn’t about them.
Many years ago, I attended a conference to hear one of the best speakers I’ve ever heard. Ever. To this day, I regularly refer her book to my clients. What did she do that no other speaker was able to do? Empower the audience to take inspired actionable steps. We didn’t take away nuggets, we took away implementable steps.
The delivery was also authentic and engaging. You were left with long-term knowledge not short-term hype.
Whether you’re enrolling others in an idea, product, service, presenting takes skill. When you learn the skills and align them with your own human wiring so your delivery is authentic, you lead that presentation confidently.
Before you present the next time, start by asking yourself, what does my audience want to walk away with that would help forward what they are up to? It’s an often forgotten, but highly regarded question every speaker should ask themselves.
If you are inspired to:
- Craft a core message that succinctly educates your audience, distinguishes your brand, and effortlessly aligns with your products and services
- Boost your confidence in delivering your signature talk that produces outcomes
- Authentically engage with your audience with freedom and ease
- Design your Signature Story so that it distinguishes you in the audience’s mind and keeps you top of mind
- Increase your brand visibility and position your company as the go-to resource
- Learn how to align your speaking techniques with your human wiring so you authentically deliver your presentation
…join us for the Speaker Lab: Create Your Signature Story and Talk on June 22, 2022 with online feedback sessions on July 13 and 20, 2022.
Start to elevate your speaking skills by registering at: https://www.excellerateassociates.com/speaker-lab/