It can be frustrating when you invest your time and energy on potential clients who have requested information but haven’t responded back. Many business owners (new and seasoned) fall into the trap of responding to information requests and never hear back. This request-response-wait model is time consuming and an unproductive use of time.
It is important to change the cycle you’ve created. Keep these tips in mind as you change your process/approach:
1. Develop a system where prospects self-select as preferred clients. Face it. Not everyone who requests information from you is your preferred client. It is important to have a lead generation system that pre-qualifies your prospects so that by the time you have a conversation, they know all about you and have seen results-oriented customer testimonials.
2. Ask questions in the pre-qualification process to find out what your client really wants/needs. Some entrepreneurs try to squeeze in a conversation from a prospect as soon as that prospect calls. You’re doing a disservice to the prospect and to yourself because you may not be fully present in the conversation as you think about getting to your next appointment. When the prospect calls, ask if they’ve been on your website (assuming you have a pre-qualification process in place.) Schedule a meeting with them after they’ve reviewed the pre-qualification area.
3. Send them a pre-qualification questionnaire they complete prior to meeting with you. Your pre-qualification system should sort out specifically what they want to accomplish.
4. Schedule a follow up meeting. If you or your prospect says, “I’ll follow up with you”, it’s a sure thing you’ll play phone tag. Identify a specific date and time to utilize your time and energy efficiently.
5. Keep descriptions simple. When meeting with your prospect, don’t cloud your programs or packages with complexities. Use the KISS method – Keep It Super Simple. Use bullet points and short sentences to describe the outcomes, results and benefits of each package or program.
To improve your profitability, use these tips to move your prospects from unresponsive to handled.