To be considered for being the Charity of Choice, an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) non-profit; an Internal Revenue Service "Letter of Determination" must be available for submission/review.
- Have been in existence for three years.
- Be in good standing and have submitted IRS Form 990.
- Send a representative to the Wake Up Profitable Boot Camp for Business Owners, which happens in April and October usually in Michigan.
- Have a permit for fundraising and/or raffle.
- Submit the requirements listed above by December 31 of each year to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Charity of Choice.
Previous Charity of Choice Recipients Include:
Camp Casey is a Michigan-based non-profit organization that provides horseback riding programs to children with cancer and rare blood disorders. They have served over 12,000 happy campers since 2004.
Sweet Dreamzzz™ offers a simple approach to alleviating the multiple negative effects that plague our kids, schools, families and our every day lives. That simple solution is sleep.
Sweet Dreamzzz brings the opportunity for better, more restful sleep to poverty-level school children. Over 58,000 children and families have received sleep education and bedtime essentials from Sweet Dreamzzz.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Their mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
Girl Scouts builds girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. They are the premier leadership organization for girls, and experts on their growth and development.
The mission of Sanctum House is to provide a sanctuary for women survivors of sex trafficking and empower women with life skills to succeed.
Kokua Care was established in 2003 in Honolulu, Hawaii, on Oahu to provide the best quality home care in Hawaii for their Kupuna, precious seniors, so that they may stay as long as they choose in the homes that they love.
Project Forgive provides free online resources advancing forgiveness education globally. A documentary about Project: Forgive is slated to be announced in 2017.
Team Happy Feet
To raise money in support of education and research of breast cancer and provide medical and non-medical financial assistance to those with a proven need who are battling breast cancer.
Our Process and Timelines
Please submit the following requirements by December 31 to email@example.com with the subject line Charity of Choice:
- An Internal Revenue Service "Letter of Determination" that you are a 501(c)(3).
- Please provide documentation of the date you became a non-profit
- Are you in good standing and can provide your most recent IRS Form 990?
- Your website's address
- Can you send a representative to the Wake Up Profitable Boot Camp for Business Owners, which happens in April and October?
- Do you have or can you obtain a permit for fundraising and/or raffle at the Wake Up Profitable Boot Camp for Business Owners?
- Submit the requirements listed above by December 31 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Charity of Choice
Thank you for letting us know about your non-profit. Please know that if your non-profit is not selected this year, we review previous submissions and we may select you the following year. Feel free to re-submit your application next year.
Thank you for the contribution you and your non-profit are in the world.
Lisa Mininni and her company really walk their walk. They help business owners on a daily basis realize what they need to overcome what is holding them back or just to excel on a deeper level of what they are already doing to grow their businesses....and they give back. Charity is at the heart of what Lisa does and what she teaches. When a company or person is successful they give to those less fortunate. Thank you Lisa for being a stand for those as successful, working towards being as successful and those in need of a hand up!Edee Franklin
Founder, Sanctum House
We were so grateful that Sweet Dreamzzz was selected as the Charity of Choice by Excellerate Associates. Being a nonprofit, the majority of our funds are directed towards our programming. To have the opportunity to receive this incredible training was a huge gift to our entire organization.Nancy Maxwell
Sweet Dreamzzz benefited in so many ways. We not only raised funds at the event, but were presented with a check that exceeded our expectations (and our goals)! We received mentoring before and during the workshop. As a non-profit, we learned and can apply the systems approach she teaches at the Wake Up Profitable Boot Camp. The entire process was transformative for us.
There are several things that we learned that will make significant difference for our non-profit:
-Not everything needs to be done all at once! We have a blueprint to implement new ideas. These new ideas are transformative and they should also be given their proper time and place for consideration and execution;
-Our beliefs about raising money for our nonprofit were expanded;
-How we systemize our work and also structure our team to maximize their strengths completely transformed our productivity and appreciation of personal hard-wiring.
Executive Director, Sweet Dreamzzz